SOULS OF OBLIVION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal)

2 posters

Go down

Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal) Empty Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal)

Post by Overandover Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

I cobbled this build together very quickly because we couldn't find a healer for the dungeon, so I thought I'd try to multitask.  Almost all of the gear is stuff that I already had for other builds, so I just quickly crafted a couple of shields and a belt before we jumped into the dungeon.

Of course with this build I am not the best tank and not the best healer, and you certainly have your hands full trying to keep aggro on the boss and high threat mobs whilst also keeping an eye on your team's health.  However, you do now have an extra DD on the team, so that's the trade off.

These stats are all unbuffed ie. no food, drink, potions or skills active.

Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal) Screenshot_20160205_105725_zpsmfmsszoh

The sets I'm using are 3 parts Torug's Pact and 4 parts Healer's Habit and 5 parts Kagrenac's Hope.

Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal) Heal%20tank%20sets_zps0m9awmsr

I don't have a lot of stamina so I'm popping lots of special green potions that also give a nice mobility boost that Templars can always use Wink  It's good to have plenty of magicka recovery so I'm using the Frothgar drinks, but I guess I could use purple food instead...

Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal) Green%20tank%20potion_zpsbcfuz3pf

For skills I mainly use the same ones as when I am just tanking with my Templar, but I swapped out Blazing Shield for Breath of Life so that it is double barred, and it also encourages me to throw out more heals when I see my health start to drop Very Happy

Bar 1 (sword and shield)- mainly for groups of mobs:

1. Volcanic Rune (morph of Fire Rune)
gives cc and mages guild passives

2. Puncturing Sweep (morph of Puncturing Strikes)
aoe attack with self heal, spear wall passive from Aedric Spear line gives 15% more blocking of melee attacks

3. Repentance (morph of Restoring Aura)
free group heal and stamina from defeated enemies, magicka and stamina recovery while slotted (health recovery as well, but not much use for a vampire)

4. Breath of Life (morph of Rushed Ceremony)
it's breath of life Smile

5. Inner Rage (morph of Inner Fire)
ranged magicka taunt

Ultimate.  Solar Prison (morph of Nova)
30% damage mitigation over a wide area with a hard hitting synergy.  shame it costs 240 ultimate

Bar 2 (sword and shield) - mostly for bosses:

1. Channeled Focus (morph of Rune Focus)
gives armour and spell resist buffs that persist for 8 seconds after stepping out of the tiny rune area, also adds about 480 magicka recovery!

2. Purifying Ritual (morph of Cleansing Ritual)
12m radius HoT with cleanse synergy, increases strenght of Breath of Life by 30%

3. Defensive Stance (morph of Defensive Posture)
block 8% more damage, reduce block cost 8%, when active reflects one spell projectile which stuns caster

4. Breath of Life

5. Pierce Armour (morph of Puncture)
cheap stamina taunt, debuffs target's armour and spell resistance

Ultimate. Devouring Swarm (morph of Bat Swarm)
costs 150 ultimate, emergency self HoT useful if I have to res someone.  Having a vampire ability slotted means I get 10% more stamina and magicka regeneration, same as Repentance on the other bar Wink

Vampire tank?  I have lots of champion points in elemental defender so fire isn't really a problem for me.  The vampire Undeath passive is ideal for a tank.  Take up to 33% less damage when health is below 50%.  Believe me, you can see this work and it's a real lifesaver.

So what do you think?  Questions and comments below please Razz  Even better, come and see the build in action
for yourself.

Overandover
Admin

Http://guild.soulsofoblivion.eu

Back to top Go down

Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal) Empty Re: Heals-with-Tail (tank/heal)

Post by Cibernoah Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:45 pm

I've seen it first hand and I've got it on tape! Very impressive performance ^_^

Cibernoah
Cibernoah
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvr9zXLVDOD749zpu-6I8sw

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum