SOULS OF OBLIVION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer

2 posters

Go down

Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer Empty Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer

Post by Overandover Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:35 pm

I found this guide on the official forums. Written by someone call Joy Division, it has some helpful tips for the three classes he has completed the arena with. Highly recommended reading for anyone taking on the arena. Here's a excerpt:

"From reading the forums, the Arena doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation and can sound intimidating. It's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. If you are easily frustrated and have a tendency to quit when challenged, then yes, it probably isn't going to be fun because every stage - even the boss in stage one that everyone scoffs at - is going to kill you before you learn the mechanics. If you are the type of person who seeks to overcome challenges rather than shy away from them, then I recommend you at least give this a shot because once you do know the mechanics, it is *MUCH* easier and quite frankly you will wonder how it was possible you ever died so much.

"Regarding the accusation that the arena is too hard, full of one-shot mechanics, and is only for "elite" players, I think this is overblown. If you think you can just bring in your Sanctum build that has zero utility and 800 regen, then you are going to get Rekt. However, if you are willing to slot non-DPS skills and objectively analyze why it is you are dying, even an above average player with an above average build can beat *every single round* with the possible exception of the final boss (that requires proper execution, i.e. avoiding mistakes, more than anything). I will tell you what my stumbling blocks were: ...."

Overandover
Admin

Http://guild.soulsofoblivion.eu

Back to top Go down

Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer Empty Re: Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer

Post by Cibernoah Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Been reading the guide. There are really good tips. I will give it another try as soon as I can Smile
Cibernoah
Cibernoah
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvr9zXLVDOD749zpu-6I8sw

Back to top Go down

Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer Empty Re: Maelstrom Arena guide for magicka templar, dragonknight and sorcerer

Post by Overandover Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:37 pm

The guide has been updated for the Thieves Guild DLC. I'm reading it again now in the hope that it will get me through the spider daedra boss round in stage 6.

Overandover
Admin

Http://guild.soulsofoblivion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum